Thursday, November 1, 2012

fall is here!

It's here! It finally seems like fall is here! Sweaters, boots, scarfs, fall jackets and soup.  The weather has gotten cooler (except for this weekend) and Halloween is under our belt as Thanksgiving quickly approaches. As my son gets older and this time approaches I keep trying to hit the brakes, but it doesn't seem to do much good. The weekends keep flying by and Christmas is on its way! (It's my favorite season so I secretly don't mind)

We have been so busy the past few weekends enjoying the weather and cramming as much as we can in 2 days! A few weeks ago we went to the Pumpkin Patch. It was muddy from a big rain we had the night before and it was kind of chilly. We all were pretty filthy, but it was fun. I snapped a few pictures while we were there. (I'm a believer of "a picture says more than a thousand words" so I'm sure each post will include at least one picture!)

(notice those cute grins at the top, yeah he was actually SCREAMING "cheese" because I kept asking for a smile!)


 While we were there Gavin's Gigi picked him out a few pumpkins. He really just wanted the little baby ones and he still ask to play with it. Although it was a lot of work we still managed to have our little picnic lunch. Overall, I'd say it was a success day full of lots of memories with Gigi and Granddad.

Last week Gavin had his school Fall Festival and the church Trunk or Treat. He ate way too many sweets, but hey you're only young once right! So I totally let him indulge and skip a few naps. I quickly discovered why structure is so important! Shortly after we arrived to the church I realized I forgot Gavin's sword. Then I turned on my camera and discovered my camera battery was going to die any minute so we had to take some pictures quick! I was bummed...but that's life.

Last night we decided to take Gavin trick or treating for the first time. Although this may not be a yearly tradition, it was fun to dress up and do something different for a night! Gavin really just wanted to run around outside and follow all the big kids while I collected all the candy! After a few pieces of candy he had a meltdown so we cut the night short!


So this is how our family has kicked off the fall season. I hope you squeezed in a little time outside or with a pumpkin...even if it's in the form of a latte. If not there is still time! Don't forget I love to read blogs and learn more about the people around me. So leave a comment with a link to your blog!

                             
Happy Fall!



2 comments: