Friday, November 16, 2012

favorite thanksgiving dish.

With Thanksgiving less than a week away I find myself thinking, wishing, dreaming of the food. The glorious spread of food that usually only comes around this time of year. I think back over many Thanksgiving meals and try to decide what my favorite dish is...or at least the one I am looking forward to most! There are too many to just pick one! I always love my Mamaw's dressing. After she got too frail to make it my aunt would do it, with Mamaw's supervision of course. It's the best! Although she will not be joining us this Thanksgiving my Mom and I will be attempting to recreate it, but I'm already prepared that it will not taste the same. However, her pumpkin pies will be there! She taught me that recipe and I do it way better than my Mom! :) So I am definitely looking forward to that. Just to bring a little piece of her to our table while she's feasting at the King's table.

Besides the pies, my favorite part would either be the Yams or Hash Brown Casserole. However this year my Mom and I decided to try a sweet potato-pecan casserole. I'm quiet excited about it. Since it is one of my favorite dishes I thought I would share my Mom's Hash Brown Casserole recipe:

Hash Brown Casserole

1 2lb bag of frozen Hash Browns
1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 or 2 cups shredded cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted (yes that's a whole stick)
1 cup crushed Corn Flakes (enough to cover the top of the dish)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. In a large bowl, mix together the frozen hash browns, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheese. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the corn flakes on top and pour melted butter on top of the dish.

3. Bake in oven for 30-45 mins, until the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? What are you looking forward to most? Leave a comment and let me know! Share some of your favorite dishes. Don't keep them to yourselves, let us enjoy with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment